Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

Losing My Religion - REM

Blurb:
"Losing My Religion" is a song recorded by the rock band R.E.M. from their 1991 album Out of Time. The title is also an expression from the southern region of the United States, and means losing one's temper or civility, or "flying off the handle."

In the UK it charted at #19. "Losing My Religion" still receives considerable air time and is possibly the best-known R.E.M. song. It won the 1991 Grammy Award for Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal.

The video, directed by Tarsem Singh, was declared Best Video of the Year at the 1991 MTV Video Music Awards. The video also won for Best Group Video of the Year, Best Breakthrough Video, Best Art Direction in a Video, Best Director of a Video and Best Editing of a Video.

The video is heavy with religious imagery, and notably features images of Saint Sebastian. Soviet poster art imagery is also prominently featured, and the overall dark tone and lighting was heavily inspired by the paintings of Caravaggio. Contrary to popular belief, the promotional music video was not banned in Ireland due to its use of religious imagery because the Republic does not ban music videos.

The concept of the video is based on Gabriel Garcia Marquez' short story, "A Very Old Man with Enormous Wings". The first scene is based on a scene from Andrei Tarkovsky's Offret.


R.E.M. - Losing My Religion by Warner-Music

Scroll and Sing:
Oh, life is bigger
It's bigger than you
And you are not me
The lengths that I will go to
The distance in your eyes
Oh no I've said too much
I set it up.

That's me in the corner
That's me in the spotlight
Losing my religion
Trying to keep up with you
And I don't know if I can do it
Oh no I've said too much
I haven't said enough

I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try

Every whisper
Of every waking hour I'm
Choosing my confessions
Trying to keep an eye on you
Like a hurt lost and blinded fool, fool.
Oh no I've said too much
I set it up.

Consider this. Consider this
The hint of the century
Consider this
The slip that brought me
To my knees failed
What if all these fantasies
Come flailing around
Now I've said too much

I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing
I think I thought I saw you try
But that was just a dream
That was just a dream

That's me in the corner.
That's me in the spotlight
Losing my religion.
Trying to keep up with you.
And I don't know if I can do it.
Oh no, I've said too much.

I haven't said enough.
I thought that I heard you laughing
I thought that I heard you sing.
I think I thought I saw you try.
That was just a dream.

Try. Cry. Fly. Try.
But that was just a dream, just a dream, just a dream, dream.

Please support YouTube Karaoke by signing up to SwagBucks. With SwagBucks you can earn prizes simply by searching the web! Proof of payment.

No comments: