Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

Wuthering Heights - Kate Bush

Blurb:
"Wuthering Heights" is a song by Kate Bush. It appears on her 1978 debut album, The Kick Inside, and was also released as her debut single. It quickly reached number one in the UK Singles Chart, staying there for four weeks, and propelled the singer to fame. Written when Bush was just 19, the song's lyrics are based on the story of the novel of the same name. Kate Bush was inspired to write the song by the 1939 version of the film, and the fact that she shares her birthday (July 30) with Emily Brontë.

Few debut singles in the United Kingdom have turned heads, and launched a new artist, in quite as startling a fashion as "Wuthering Heights." Its release unwittingly pitted Kate Bush against another female vocalist, also charting with her first hit, who went on to become an icon of the burgeoning punk and New Wave scene - Debbie Harry with her band Blondie, and their single "Denis." The fact that Bush emerged the winner against a great many people's expectations, while Blondie stalled at number two, was one of the top media stories of those few weeks.


Scroll and Sing:
Out on the wiley, windy moors
We'd roll and fall in green
You had a temper, like my jealousy
Too hot, too greedy
How could you leave me
When I needed to possess you?
I hated you, I loved you too

Bad dreams in the night
They told me I was going to lose the fight
Leave behind my wuthering, wuthering
Wuthering Heights

Heathcliff, it's me, I'm Cathy, I've come home
I'm so cold, let me in in-a-your-window
Heathcliff, it's me, I'm Cathy, I've come home
I'm so cold, let me in in-a-your-window

Oh it gets dark, it gets lonely
On the other side from you
I pine alot, I find the lot
Falls through without you
I'm coming back love, cruel Heathcliff
My one dream, my only master

Too long I roam in the night
I'm coming back to his side to put it right
I'm coming home to wuthering, wuthering
Wuthering Heights

Heathcliff, it's me, I'm Cathy, I've come home
I'm so cold, let me in in-a-your-window
Heathcliff, it's me, I'm Cathy, I've come home
I'm so cold, let me in in-a-your-window

Ooh let me have it, let me grab your soul away
Ooh let me have it, let me grab your soul away
You know it's me, Cathy

Heathcliff, it's me, Cathy come home
I'm so cold, let me in in-a-your-window
Heathcliff, it's me, Cathy come home
I'm so cold, let me in in-a-your-window
Heathcliff, it's me, Cathy come home
I'm so cold

No comments: