Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston

Blurb:
"I Will Always Love You" is a song originally written and performed by American singer-songwriter Dolly Parton first released as a single in 1974. The song, considered by some to be one of the most popular and well-known ever written, was produced by Bob Ferguson and has been covered many times, most notably by American R&B diva Whitney Houston.

In 1992 (see 1992 in music), singer Whitney Houston covered the song for the soundtrack to The Bodyguard (see The Bodyguard (soundtrack)), her film debut. The song was also referenced in the plot of the film itself. Houston was originally to record Jimmy Ruffin's "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted" as the lead single from The Bodyguard. However, when the producer discovered the song would be used for Fried Green Tomatoes, he asked her co-star Kevin Costner to find a new song. Originally not wanting to pick a country song, an oldies song (with not much of a country feel to it) would do. Houston reinterpreted the song as a soul ballad, showcasing her voice.

The song was a massive success, becoming a regular on countdown lists, appearing at number forty on Rolling Stone's "100 Greatest Pop Songs", number eight on VH1's "100 Greatest Songs of the Past 25 Years", and number one on VH1's "100 Greatest Love Songs". The single's video, credited to Alan Smithee, begins with the performance of the song Houston gives at the end of The Bodyguard. The video then cuts to Houston in a dark blue suit sitting in an empty theatre with the spotlight shining on her, singing of her love. The video is intercut with scenes from The Bodyguard.



Scroll and Sing:
If I should stay,
I would only be in your way.
So I'll go, but I know
I'll think of you ev'ry step of the way.

And I will always love you.
I will always love you.
You, my darling you. Hmm.

Bittersweet memories
that is all I'm taking with me.
So, goodbye. Please, don't cry.
We both know I'm not what you, you need.

And I will always love you.
I will always love you.

(Instrumental solo)

I hope life treats you kind
And I hope you have all you've dreamed of.
And I wish to you, joy and happiness.
But above all this, I wish you love.

And I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I will always love you.
I, I will always love you.

You, darling, I love you.
Ooh, I'll always, I'll always love you.

No comments: