Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Elton John & Kiki Dee

Blurb:
"Don't Go Breaking My Heart" was a duet by Elton John and Kiki Dee. It was written by Elton John and Bernie Taupin under the pseudonyms "Ann Orson" and "Carte Blanche" (a pun on the expression 'carte blanche'), and intended as an affectionate pastiche of the Tamla Motown style, notably the various duets recorded by Marvin Gaye and singers such as Tammi Terrell and Kim Weston.

Like many of Elton John's singles from the 1970s, it was never included on any of his original albums (though it was recorded during the same sessions that produced Blue Moves). However it was included on the original version of Greatest Hits Volume 2 in 1977. It has since been shifted to the "Volume 3" compilation, Greatest Hits 1976-1986. In 2002, it also appeared on Elton John's 2-disc greatest hits album, Greatest Hits 1970-2002.

It was also John's first No. 1 single in the UK, topping the chart for six weeks in the summer of 1976. He would not enjoy a solo British chart-topper until 1990.

Almost 20 years later, John re-recorded the song with RuPaul and re-issued it. He also performed it with the Spice Girls on his ITV tribute programme An Audience With Elton John.

It appears the gutless wonders at YouTube have deleted the original music video, so you'll have to make do with this version instead. Sigh.


Scroll and Sing:
Don't go breaking my heart
I couldn't if I tried
Honey if I get restless
Baby you're not that kind

Don't go breaking my heart
You take the weight off me
Honey when you knock on my door
I gave you my key

Nobody knows it
When I was down
I was your clown
Nobody knows it
Right from the start
I gave you my heart
Oh oh I gave you my heart

So don't go breaking my heart
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart

And nobody told us
'Cause nobody showed us
And now it's up to us babe
I think we can make it

So don't misunderstand me
You put the light in my life
You put the sparks to the flame
I've got your heart in my sights

Nobody knows it
But, when I was down
I was your clown
Nobody knows it
Right from the start
I gave you my heart
Oh oh I gave you my heart

Don't go breaking my heart
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart

Nobody knows it
But, when I was down
I was your clown
Right from the start
I gave you my heart
Oh oh I gave you my heart

Don't go breaking my heart
I won't go breaking your heart
Don't go breaking my heart.... (fade to end)

No comments: