Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

Don't You Want Me - The Human League

Blurb:
"Don't You Want Me" is a song by the British synthpop group The Human League, from their 1981 album Dare. It has become their most commercially successful recording to date and has sold over 1,400,000 copies making it the 25th most successful single of all time in the UK.

The lyrics were originally inspired after lead singer and front man Philip Oakey read a story in a "trashy tabloid".

"Don't You Want Me" was released in the UK on 27 November 1981, and to the amazement of everyone in the band (especially Oakey) it went almost immediately to number one and remained in the UK charts for 13 weeks. The success was repeated six months later with the release of Dare in the U.S., with "Don't You Want Me" hitting number one on the Billboard Hot 100. Billboard magazine ranked it as the United States' sixth-biggest hit of 1982.

The music video for the song was filmed in Slough, UK in November 1981 and has the theme of the shooting and editing of a murder-mystery film, featuring the band members as characters and production staff. Due to it being a "making of" video, the crew and camera apparatus used within appear throughout.


Scroll and Sing:
You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
When I met you
I picked you out, I shook you up, and turned you around
Turned you into someone new
Now five years later on you've got the world at your feet
Success has been so easy for you
But don't forget it's me who put you where you are now
And I can put you back down too

Don't, don't you want me?
You know I can't believe it when I hear that you won't see me
Don't, don't you want me?
You know I don't believe you when you say that you don't need me
It's much too late to find
You think you've changed your mind
You'd better change it back or we will both be sorry

Don't you want me baby? don't you want me - oh
Don't you want me baby? don't you want me - oh

I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar
That much is true
But even then I knew I'd find a much better place
Either with or without you
The five years we have had have been such good times
I still love you
But now I think it's time I lived my life on my own
I guess it's just what I must do

Don't, don't you want me?
You know I can't believe it when I hear that you won't see me
Don't, don't you want me?
You know I don't believe you when you say that you don't need me
It's much too late to find
You think you've changed your mind
You'd better change it back or we will both be sorry

Don't you want me baby? don't you want me - oh
Don't you want me baby? don't you want me - oh

Don't you want me baby? don't you want me - oh
Don't you want me baby? don't you want me - oh

Don't you want me baby? don't you want me - oh
Don't you want me baby? don't you want me - oh

Don't you want me baby? don't you want me - oh
Don't you want me baby? don't you want me - oh

Don't you want me baby? don't you want me - oh
Don't you want me baby? don't you want me - oh

Please support YouTube Karaoke by trying Homepages Friends.

No comments: