Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

Flowers In The Window - Travis

Blurb:
"Flowers in the Window" is the third single from Travis' third studio album, The Invisible Band. The song was not originally intended to be on the album, since it was deemed to be too soppy.

During live performances of the song, it is typically dedicated to members of the band or stage crew who have reached a significant moment in a relationship. For example, during the 12 Memories tour in 2003, it was dedicated to the lighting manager who had just had a child. In 2007, whilst playing at the Hammersmith Apollo, it was dedicated to their touring pianist Klaus, who had become engaged the day before.

The video features the band walking around a small town in South Africa where all the residents are pregnant women. A chained up man appears at the end of the video in apparent distress suggesting that he has been held captive and forced to father children for the women.



Scroll and Sing:
When I first held you I was cold
A melting snowman I was told
But there was no-one there to hold
Before I swore that I would be alone forever more

Wow, look at you now
Flowers in the window
It's such a lovely day
And I’m glad that you feel the same
'cos to stand up I'm in the crowd
You are one in a million
And I love you so let's watch the flowers grow

There is no reason to feel bad
But there are many seasons to feel glad, sad, mad
It's just a bunch of feelings that we have to hold
But I am here to help you with the load

Wow, look at you now
Flowers in the window
It's such a lovely day
And I'm glad that you feel the same
'cos to stand up I'm in the crowd
You are one in a million
And I love you so let's watch the flowers grow

So now we're hear and now is fine
So far away from there
And there is time, time, time
To plant new seeds and watch them grow
So there'll be flowers in the window when we go

Wow, look at you now
Flowers in the window
It's such a lovely day
And I'm glad that you feel the same
'cos to stand up I'm in the crowd
You are one in a million
And I love you so let's watch the flowers grow

Wow, look at you now
Flowers in the window
It's such a lovely day
And I'm glad that you feel the same
'cos to stand up I'm in the crowd
You are one in a million
And I love you so let's watch the flowers grow
Let's watch the flowers grow

Please support YouTube Karaoke by trying My Homepages Friends.

No comments: