Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

Never Can Say Goodbye - The Communards

Blurb:
"Never Can Say Goodbye" is a song written by Clifton Davis and originally recorded by The Jackson 5. Released as a single in 1971, it was one of the group's most successful songs. The song has been covered numerous times, most notably in 1974 by disco diva Gloria Gaynor and in 1987 by gay Hi-NRG/dance-pop group The Communards.

In 1987, British pop band The Communards had a hit with a Hi-NRG cover of the Clifton Davis classic, which was featured on their second album, Red.

Scottish lead singer Jimmy Somerville, openly gay on record since his previous band Bronski Beat released "Smalltown Boy" in 1984, performed a falsetto version faithful to Gaynor's disco take, right down to the pronouns "you know you love him more and more" and "never can say goodbye, boy".

The Communards' version reached #4 in the UK Singles Chart and peaked at #2 on the Billboard magazine Hot Dance/Disco chart in the U.S. The group had reached Number One on those charts covering another '70s classic, "Don't Leave Me This Way", the previous year.



Scroll and Sing:
(Woo hoo, woo hoo, hoo)

Never can stay goodbye, no no no no I
Never can say goodbye
Even though the pain and heartache seem to follow me wherever I go
Though I try and tried to hide my feelings, they always seem to show
Then you try to say you're leaving me and I always have to say no
Tell me why, is it so?

That I never can say goodbye, no no no no I
Never can say goodbye
Every time I think I've had enough, I start heading for the door
There's a very strange vibration-a piercing me right through the core
It says "turn around you fool, you know you love her more and more"
Tell me why, is it so?
Don't want to let you go

I never can say goodbye boy, ooh ooh baby
I never can say goodbye, no no no, no no no, ooh, oh
I never can say-a goodbye boy, ooh ooh, ooh
I never can say goodbye, no no no, no no no, ooh

Never can say goodbye, no no no no no no no I
Never can say goodbye
I keep thinkin' that our problems soon are all gonna work out
But there's that same unhappy feelin', a-there's that anguish, there's that doubt
It's the same ol' dizzy hang up, can't do with you or without
Tell me why, is it so?
Don't want to let you go

I never can say goodbye boy, ooh ooh baby
I never can say goodbye, no no no, no no no, ooh, oh
I never can-a say-a goodbye boy, ooh, oh
I never can say goodbye, no no no no no no no no no, ooh, oh girl
I never can say goodbye boy, ooh baby,
I never can say goodbye, no no no no no no no
I never can say goodbye boy.

Please support YouTube Karaoke by signing up to Homepages Friends. With MyHPF you get paid for making Yahoo! searches - the more you search the more you earn!

No comments: