Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

Teenage Dirtbag - Wheatus

Blurb:
"Teenage Dirtbag" is a single by Wheatus, released in 2000. It was included on the soundtrack of the movie Loser. The single was massively successful in Australia, spending three weeks at #1, and becoming the second-highest selling single of the year. It also reached #2 in the United Kingdom and #2 in Germany.

This song appears on Wheatus's eponymous debut album, also released in 2000. In 2005, British girl group Girls Aloud covered the song for their tour. It was later featured as a b-side to their single "Whole Lotta History". A studio recording cover by Girls Aloud is included on a special BBC Radio 1 compilation CD, Radio 1. Established 1967, celebrating 40 years of the station. It has also been covered by the all-girl Belgian Scala Choir, and is regularly covered live by Dashboard Confessional. It has also been covered by the Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain

The song was also featured at number 69 on the top 100 greatest pop songs of all time on the UK music channel, "The Hits".

For the radio version, from the sentence "He brings a gun to school" the word "Gun" was removed due to the Columbine High School massacre one year previously.


Wheatus - Teenage Dirtbag (2000)
Uploaded by Rosy58. - News videos from around the world.

Scroll and Sing:
Her name is Noel
I have a dream about her
She rings my bell
I got gym class in half an hour
Oh how she rocks
In Keds and tube socks
But she doesn't know who I am
And she doesn't give a damn about me

Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Yeah I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Listen to Iron Maiden baby with me

Her boyfriend's a dick
And he brings a gun to school
And he'd sI'mply kick
My ass if he knew the truth
He lives on my block
And he drives an Iroc
But he doesn't know who I am
And he doesn't give a damn about me

Cause I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Yeah I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby
Listen to Iron Maiden baby with me

Yeeah dirtbag, no she doesn't know what she's missin
Yeeah dirtbag, no she doesn't know what she's missin

Man I feel like mold
It's prom night and I am lonely
Low and behold
She's walking over to me
This must be fake
My lip starts to shake
How does she know who I am
And why does she give a damn about

I've got two tickets to Iron Maiden baby
Come with me Friday, don't say maybe
I'm just a teenage dirtbag baby like you

Yeeah dirtbag, no she doesn't know what she's missin
Yeeah dirtbag, no she doesn't know what she's missin

Please support YouTube Karaoke by signing up to SwagBucks. With SwagBucks you can earn prizes simply by searching the web!

No comments: