Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

Just Say Yes - Snow Patrol

Blurb:
"Just Say Yes" is a song from alternative rock band Snow Patrol, released as the next single to "The Planets Bend Between Us" in October–November 2009, depending on the region. The song, produced by Jacknife Lee, is one of the three new songs, and the lead single from the compilation Up to Now. The lyrics were written by Gary Lightbody and the music was composed by Snow Patrol. "Just Say Yes" has its origins as a song written for pop singer Gwen Stefani, who rejected it. Nicole Scherzinger of the Pussycat Dolls was then given permission by Lightbody to record it for her solo debut album, which was later shelved.

Snow Patrol later took the song back and recorded it for their compilation album Up to Now. The song, having an electronic, synthpop sound, marks a distinct change in the Snow Patrol's sound. Writer Gary Lightbody has called it their most adventurous single to date. The video, directed by Blue Leach, features light effects and projection to bring a trippy, dreamy feel. The song was used in a music campaign for Nokia in the Netherlands. It was also used in the trailer for the 2010 film Leap Year. It performed well commercially, reaching the top 10 on the singles chart in countries like Belgium and Ireland and reached the first place in the Netherlands. However, the critical reaction was mixed. Reviews generally praised the song for encompassing the band's past and new sound. The negative reviews criticized the song for being too linear, and for not having any "spark".


Snow Patrol - Just Say Yes
Uploaded by UniversalMusicUK. - See the latest featured music videos.

Scroll and Sing:
I'm running out of ways to make you see
I want you to stay here beside me
I won't be ok and I won't pretend I am
So just tell me today and take my hand
Please take my hand
Please take my hand
Please take my hand
Please take my hand

Just say yes, just say there's nothing holding you back
It's not a test, nor a trick of the mind
Only love

It's so simple and you know it is
You know it is
We can't be to and fro like this
All our lives
You're the only way to me
The path is clear
What do I have to say to you
For God's sake, dear
For God's sake, dear
For God's sake, dear
For God's sake, dear
For God's sake, dear

Just say yes, just say there's nothing holding you back
It's not a test, nor a trick of the mind
Only love

I can feel your heart beat through my shirt
This was all I wanted, all I want
It's all I want
It's all I want
It's all I want
It's all I want

Just say yes, just say there's nothing holding you back
It's not a test, nor a trick of the mind
Only love

Just say yes, coz I'm aching and I know you are too
For the touch of your warm skin
As I breathe you in

Please support YouTube Karaoke by signing up to SwagBucks. With SwagBucks you can earn prizes simply by searching the web! Proof of payment.

No comments: