Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

I Drove All Night - Cyndi Lauper

Blurb:
"I Drove All Night" is a song written by Billy Steinberg and Tom Kelly for Roy Orbison. Orbison first recorded the song in 1987, but his rendition was not released until 1992, after the song had become a top 10 hit on both sides of the Atlantic for Cyndi Lauper in 1989. The song has been covered by Pinmonkey (2002) and CĂ©line Dion (2003). John Waite recorded the song in 1986-87 while recording tracks for the CD Rovers Return but decided not to release it. American rock singer and former American Idol contestant, Carly Smithson, covered the song during the semi-finals of the show during a week inspired by the music of the 1980s.

"I Drove All Night" was recorded by Cyndi Lauper for her third solo album A Night To Remember. Lauper said she wanted to do it because she liked the idea "of a woman driving, of a woman in control." The song was a top 10 pop hit in the United States (her last U.S. top 40 single to date), peaking at number 6 on the Billboard Hot 100, and also a hit in other countries. The single was certified gold by the RIAA.

The only official remix of the song for Lauper's version is the Jungle mix, a version that incorporates supposed jungle noises.

The music video for "I Drove All Night," directed by Scott Kalvert and Cyndi Lauper features shots of an antique car and Lauper's characteristically manic dancing. Much of the video, however, has movie film projected onto Lauper's clearly naked body. It is also the first music video to be closed captioned for the hearing impaired.


Cyndi Lauper - I drove all night live
Uploaded by Leboc. - Watch more music videos, in HD!

Scroll and Sing:
I had to escape
The city was sticky and cruel
Maybe I should have called you first
But I was dying to get to you
I was dreaming while I drove
The long straight road ahead, uhu, yeah

Could taste your sweet kisses
Your arms open wide
This fever for you is just burning me up inside

I drove all night to get to you
Is that alright
I drove all night
Crept in your room
Woke you from your sleep
To make love to you
Is that alright
I drove all night

What in this world
Keep us from falling apart
No matter where I go I hear
The beating of our heart
I think about you
When the night is cold and dark, uhu, yeah
No one can move me
The way that you do
Nothing erases this feeling between me and you, ohhh

I drove all night to get to you
Is that alright
I drove all night
Crept in your room
Woke you from your sleep
To make love to you
Is that alright
I drove all night

I taste your sweet kisses
Your arms open wide
This fever for you is just burning me up inside

I drove all night to get to you
Is that alright
I drove all night
Crept in your room
Woke you from your sleep
To make love to you
I drove all night... to hold you tight

Please support YouTube Karaoke by signing up to SwagBucks. With SwagBucks you can earn prizes simply by searching the web!

No comments: