Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

Wish I Could Fly - Roxette

Blurb:
"Wish I Could Fly" is a song by the Swedish pop duo Roxette. Released in February 1999, it was the first single from their sixth studio album Have a Nice Day.

In the UK, the single peaked at #11, which was Roxette's highest position for a single since their 1993 hit "Almost Unreal" (#7). The single also made the Top 10 in Sweden and Finland, Top 20 in Austria, Switzerland and Norway, Top 30 in Germany and the Top 40 in the Netherlands.

While the album Have a Nice Day wasn't released in the U.S. Roxette signed a distribution deal with Edel Music, enabling "Wish I Could Fly" to peak at #27 on the U.S. Adult Contemporary Chart in 2000.

The song was also a considerable radio hit, becoming the most played song in Europe in 1999. A Spanish-language version of the song, "Quisiera Volar", was included on the South American release of the album.


Roxette - Wish I Could Fly by EMI_Music

Scroll and Sing:
Halfway through the night
I wake up in a dream
Echoes in my head
Make every whisper turn into a scream

I dreamed I could fly
Out in the blue
Over this town
Following you
Over the trees
Subways and cars
I'd try to find out
Who you really are

In the middle of the night
Cool sweatin' in my bed
Got the windows open wide
Thinkin' about all the things you said

I wish I could fly
Out in the blue
Over this town
Following you
I'd fly over rooftops
The great boulevards
To try to find out
Who you really are
Who you really are

I wish I could fly now
Wish I could fly now
Wish I could fly now

I wish I could fly
Around and around
Over this town
The dirt on the ground
I'd follow your course
Of doors left ajar
To try to find out
Who you really are
To try to find out
Who you really are

Please support YouTube Karaoke by signing up to SwagBucks. With SwagBucks you can earn prizes simply by searching the web! Proof of payment.

No comments: