Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

Alfie - Lily Allen

Blurb:
"Alfie" is a song by British recording artist Lily Allen from her debut studio album, Alright, Still. Written by Allen and Greg Kurstin, the song was released as the fourth and final single from the album, on 5 March 2007, by Regal Recordings. In the United Kingdom, it was marketed as a double A-side single, along with "Shame for You". While the melody incorporates a sample of Sandie Shaw's "Puppet on a String", the lyrics directly describe Allen's real life younger brother, Alfie Owen-Allen, criticizing him for his lazy behaviour.

Contemporary critics gave the song mixed reviews, some complimenting the production, while others considered it fell flat as the album's last song. The single peaked inside the top twenty of the charts in New Zealand and on the UK Singles Chart, where it became her third single to do so. The accompanying music video portrayed Allen's brother as a puppet while the storyline follows the lyrical meaning of the song. The song was performed live by Allen during her 2007 concert tour, as part of the encore.


Lily Allen - Alfie by EMI_Music

Scroll and Sing:
Oh, oh deary me
My little brother's in his bedroom smoking weed
I tell him he should get up 'cause it's nearly half past three
He can't be bothered 'cause he's high on THC
I ask him very nicely if he'd like a cup of tea
I can't even see him cause his room is so smoky
Don't understand how one can watch so much TV
My baby brother Alfie, how I wish that you could see

I only say it cause I care
So please can you stop pulling my hair
Now, now there's no need to swear
Please don't despair my dear mon frere

Oh Alfie get up it's a brand new day,
I just can't sit back and watch you waste your life away.
You need to get a job because the bills need to get paid
Get off your lazy arse, Alfie please use your brain
Surely there's some walls out there that you can go and spray
I'm feeling guiltier for leading you astray
Now how the hell do you ever expect that you'll get laid
When all you do is stay in playing your computer games?

I only say it cause I care
So please can you stop pulling my hair
Now, now there's no need to swear
Please don't despair my dear mon frere

Oh little brother please refrain from doing that
I'm trying to help you out so can you stop being a twat
It's time that you and I sat down and had a little chat
And look me in the eyes, take off that stupid fitted cap

I only say it cos I care
So please can you stop pulling my hair
Now, now there's no need to swear
Please don't despair
Please don't despair
My mon frere

Please support YouTube Karaoke by signing up to SwagBucks. With SwagBucks you can earn prizes simply by searching the web! Proof of payment.

No comments: