Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

Mickey - Lolly

Blurb:
"Mickey" is a 1982 hit U.S. pop song recorded by singer and choreographer Toni Basil. Written by Mike Chapman and Nicky Chinn as "Kitty," it was first recorded by UK pop group Racey in 1979. Basil's crush on actor and Monkee Micky Dolenz during her work as a choreographer/dancer on the set of the Monkees 1968 movie, "Head" prompted her to change the lyrics to "Mickey" to better suit her real-life experience, and the gender from female to male. The single reached number one on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and number two in the UK singles chart. It is usually considered a one-hit wonder.

"Mickey" is one of the most famous cheerleading songs. The line "Oh Mickey, you're so fine/ You're so fine you blow my mind/ Hey Mickey! Hey Mickey!" is also a favorite among cheerleaders. In fact, this line's tune was used in the chorus of the "Run D.M.C." song "It's Tricky". The guitars in the song also sound quite similar to The Knack's "My Sharona", which "It's Tricky" samples as well.

The UK singer Lolly reached number four in the UK singles chart in 1999 with a cover of this song. By far the best version in my opinion, so that's the one featured here.



Scroll and Sing:
Oh Mickey you're so fine
You're so fine you blow my mind
Hey Mickey
Hey Mickey
(repeat x3)

Oh Mickey you're so fine
You're so fine you blow my mind
Hey Mickey

----SHORT INSTRUMENTAL----

Hey Mickey

You've been around all night
And that's a little long
You think you got the right
But i think you got it wrong
Oh can't you say goodnight
So you can take me home Mickey?

'Cos when you say you will
It always means you won't
You're givin me the chills baby, please baby don't
Every night you still leave me all alone Mickey
Chorus:
Oh Mickey what a pity you don't understand
You take me by the heart
When you take me by the hand
Oh Mickey you're so pretty can't you understand
It's guys like you Mickey
And what you do Mickey, do Mickey
Don't break my heart Mickey

Hey Mickey

Now if you take me by the who's ever gonna know
Everytime you move I let a little more show
There's something you can use
So don't say no Mickey

So come on and give it to me anyway you can
Anyway you wanna do it I'll take it like a man
Oh please baby please don't leave me in the bend Mickey

(repeat chorus x2)

Oh Mickey you're so fine
You're so fine you blow my mind
Hey Mickey
Hey Mickey
(repeat x2)

Oh Mickey you're so fine
You're so fine you blow my mind
Hey Mickey

(repeat chorus to fade)

No comments: