Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

Take On Me - A-Ha

Blurb:
"Take on Me" is a song by the Norwegian band a-ha. The song is a track from a-ha's first album, Hunting High and Low, released in 1985. The music video for the song first aired in 1985 on local Boston music video station V66, and then subsequently on MTV. The innovative video was an amalgamation of rotoscope-style animation and live-action. The video was inspired by the animated film "Commuter" created by Michael Patterson and the movie Altered States.

An extended mix of this song appears on the Japan-only 45 R.P.M. Club EP. The music video of another a-ha song, "The Sun Always Shines on T.V.", forms a sequel of sorts.

The single reached number-one on the Billboard Hot 100 in the U.S. It also hit number two in the UK and number one in a-ha's native Norway. The video was nominated for Best Video at the MTV Video Music Awards on September 5, 1986.

In 2006 the song was ranked at number 24 on VH1's "Greatest Songs of the 1980s".


A-Ha - Take On Me by Warner-Music

Scroll and Sing:
We're talking away
I don't know what
I'm to say
I'll say it anyway
Today's another day to find you

Shying away
I'll be coming for your love, ok?

Take on me, take me on
I'll be gone
In a day or two

So needless to say
I'm odds and ends
But that's me
Stumbling away
Slowly learning that life is ok.

Say after me
It's no better to be safe than sorry

Take on me, take me on
I'll be gone
In a day or two

Oh the things that you say
Is it live or
Just to play my worries away
You're all the things
I've got to remember

You're shying away
I'll be coming for you anyway

Take on me, take me on
I'll be gone
In a day or two

Please support YouTube Karaoke by signing up to SwagBucks. With SwagBucks you can earn prizes simply by searching the web! Proof of payment.

No comments: