Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

What A Feeling (Flashdance) - Irene Cara

Blurb:
"Flashdance... What a Feeling" is a song from the 1983 film Flashdance which was performed by Irene Cara. The music was written and produced by Giorgio Moroder, and the lyrics were written by Keith Forsey and Irene Cara. In addition to topping the Billboard Hot 100 and earning a platinum record in 1983, it won the Academy Award for Best Song and the Golden Globe Award for Best Original Song in 1984. Despite the song's title, the word "Flashdance" never appears in the song's lyrics.

The song has appeared on the soundtrack album Flashdance, and Cara's second solo album, What A Feelin'.

"Flashdance... What A Feeling" was the last non-Japanese-language single to reach #1 on Japan's Oricon singles chart until Celine Dion's "To Love You More" in 1995.



Scroll and Sing:
First, when there's nothing but a slow glowing dream
That your fear seems to hide deep inside your mind
All alone I have cried silent tears full of pride
In a world made of steel, made of stone

Well I hear the music, close my eyes, feel the rhythm
Wrap around, take a hold of my heart

Chorus:
What a feeling, bein's believin'
I can't have it all, now I'm dancin' for my life
Take your passion, and make it happen
Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life

(Solo)

Now I hear the music, close my eyes, I am rhythm
In a flash it takes hold of my heart

chorus (with ... "now I'm dancing through my life")

What a feeling

What a feeling (I am music now), bein's believin' (I am rhythm now)
Pictures come alive, you can dance right through your life
What a feeling (I can really have it all)
What a feeling (Pictures come alive when I call)
I can have it all (I can really have it all)
Have it all (Pictures come alive when I call)
(call, call, call, call, what a feeling) I can have it all
(Bein's believin') bein's believin'
(Take your passion, make it happen) make it happen
(What a feeling) what a feeling... (to fade)

No comments: