Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

Sugar Coated Iceberg - The Lightning Seeds

Blurb:
"Sugar Coated Iceberg" was a hit single for British alternative pop/rock group The Lightning Seeds. The song was written and composed by Ian Broudie.

Sugar Coated Iceberg originally appeared on the "Dizzy Heights" album, but was subsequently released (January 1997) as a single peaking at #12 in the UK singles chart.

This song has special significance to me because Dizzy Heights was the first album I ever bought after hearing The Lightning Seeds on local radio. I expect I'll be posting more of their music (probably "What If" and "Lucky You") later on.

The music video features the group performing on an ice rink.


(Scroll to 1:05 on the video to get straight to the music)

Scroll and Sing:
I don't care what songs you sing
Or how you think of all those pointless things
Sweet nothings what you bring
So fly away on sugar coated wings

I'm sinking deep, I'm going under
That sugar coated iceberg tastes so sweet
Until you tumble, those sugar coated lies

All those tricky things you said
On angel wings they're flying around my head
You were cheap but I was sold
I should forget you but I won't be told

I'm sinking deep, I'm going under
That sugar coated iceberg tastes so sweet
Until you tumble, those sugar coated lies

Sweet and sour, as gold and coal
A sugar iceberg stole my soul
And hid it deep inside my heart
Threw it through me like a poison dart

I'm sinking deep, I'm going under
That sugar coated iceberg tastes so sweet
Until you tumble, those sugar coated lies
My little sweet sugar coated iceberg
You melt beneath my feet
You shook me up, but then I tumbled those
Sugar coated lies

Please support YouTube Karaoke by trying My Homepages Friends.
Please remember to make lots of searches!

No comments: