Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

Last Christmas - Wham!

Blurb:
"Last Christmas" is a song by British pop duo Wham!, released on Epic Records in 1984, on a double A-side with "Everything She Wants". It was written by George Michael, one half of the duo. The song has been covered by many artists throughout the years.

Wham! had been a dominant force in the UK Singles Chart in 1984 and news that they were planning a Christmas single meant that a battle for the coveted Christmas #1 spot in the UK seemed set to be between Wham! and the year's other big act, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, who had achieved a third #1 in early December with "The Power of Love". However, the Band Aid project, helmed by Bob Geldof, produced the #1 single. Wham!'s offering peaked at #2 for much of the period, although George's involvement in Band Aid meant that Wham! still had an input. Wham! subsequently topped the monies raised by Band Aid by donating all of their "Last Christmas/Everything She Wants" royalties to the Ethiopian famine appeal.

The video to "Last Christmas" saw George and partner Andrew Ridgeley accompanying girlfriends to see friends at their home in an unspecified ski resort, although the cable-car that can be seen in two shots is from Saas-Fee, Switzerland. It became clear early on, however, that Andrew's girlfriend had previously been in a relationship with George, and it was to her character the song was aimed. The video also featured the duo's erstwhile backing singers Pepsi and Shirlie and Spandau Ballet bassist Martin Kemp, the boyfriend and future husband of Shirlie Holliman.


Scroll and Sing:
Last Christmas I gave you my heart
But the very next day, You gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special.

Last Christmas I gave you my heart
But the very next day, You gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special.

Once bitten and twice shy
I keep my distance but you still catch my eye
Tell me baby do you recognise me
Well it's been a year, it doesn't surprise me.

(Happy Christmas) I wrapped it up and sent it
With a note saying "I Love You" I meant it
Now I know what a fool I've been
But if you kissed me now I know you'd fool me again.

Last Christmas I gave you my heart
But the very next day, You gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special.

Last Christmas I gave you my heart
But the very next day, You gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special.

A crowded room, friends with tired eyes
I'm hiding from you and your soul of ice
My God I thought you were someone to rely on
Me? I guess I was a shoulder to cry on.

A face on a lover with a fire in his heart
A man undercover but you tore me apart
Now I've found a real love you'll never fool me again.

Last Christmas I gave you my heart
But the very next day, You gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special.

Last Christmas I gave you my heart
But the very next day, You gave it away
This year, to save me from tears
I'll give it to someone special.

Please support YouTube Karaoke by signing up to SwagBucks. With SwagBucks you can earn prizes simply by searching the web!

No comments: