Welcome to YouTube Karaoke

YouTube Karaoke is a collection of flash music videos and lyrics. As the name implies a lot of our original content came from YouTube. Unfortunately, due to Google's increasing censorship of YouTube, we now have to get our content from a variety of different places. The idea is that you press play, scroll to the lyrics, sing and be merry. Alcohol and audience are optional! To request a video email us (see sidebar).
Some of the sharper members of our audience have noticed that if you scroll and sing you lose sight of the video. If this bugs you that much feel free to just enjoy the videos instead of scrolling!
This site is best viewed with Mozilla Firefox. If you like what we do please show your appreciation by bookmarking us, visiting our Amazon shop, linking to us and telling your friends. Thanks for your support.

The Climb - Joe McElderry

Blurb:
"The Climb" is a song written by Jessi Alexander and Jon Mabe originally performed by American recording artist and actress Miley Cyrus for the 2009 film Hannah Montana: The Movie. It was released as the lead single from the film's soundtrack on March 5, 2009 by Walt Disney Records. The song is a power ballad with lyrics that describe life as a difficult but rewarding journey. Cyrus' version, styled as a country pop ballad, was her first solo song to be released to country radio. The instrumentation includes piano, guitar, and violins.

Generally well received by critics, "The Climb" was nominated for the Grammy Award for Best Song Written for a Motion Picture, Television or Other Visual Media at the 52nd Grammy Awards, but was withdrawn by Walt Disney Records soon after because it had not been written specifically for a movie as the eligibility rules required. The song achieved worldwide success and became a top ten hit on charts in Australia, Canada, Norway, and the United States. In the United States, the song peaked at number four on the Billboard Hot 100 and became the eighth best selling digital single of 2009. Five months after its release, the single was certified double platinum by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA).

"The Climb" has been covered by several artists and was the most popular choice of song among contestants in the ninth season of the American singing contest American Idol as well as being chosen by Simon Cowell, creator of the UK television talent show The X Factor, as the debut single for the winner of the competition's sixth season. Winner Joe McElderry released his version as a single on December 14, 2009.

Now that McElderry's version has appeared on YouTube Karaoke it's a dead cert for the Christmas number 1 spot! You can help Joe by downloading the MP3 below.


Scroll and Sing:
I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on

'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

Keep on moving, keep climbing
Keep the faith, baby
It's all about, it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa

Please support YouTube Karaoke by signing up to SwagBucks. With SwagBucks you can earn prizes simply by searching the web!

No comments: